Learn How To Fly Fish
Are you ready to learn how to fly fish? Fly fishing has become very popular because you visually try to catch the fish. The angular places the fly on the surface of the water by using a fishing rod and a fishing line. Then the fish will see the artificial bait and bite. You can catch bass, trout and many other kinds of fish using this method so keep on reading to learn how to fly fish. Here are the basics:
To learn how to fly fish, you will need:
- Six-weight fly lines
- Fly fishing rod
- Wet or dry fly fish
- Lure and Waders
- Wadding Boots
- Get a fly fishing license to learn how to fly fish. Select general fly bait that will attract almost any type of fish such as the Royal or Humpy artificial flies. Purchase a sturdy long fly fishing rod if you do not have one available. Locate a fishing spot in your city or county that is known for fly fishing.
- Make sure you have all your equipment and supplies. Bring a fish tackle box with nets, pliers, string and several kinds of bait and bug spray. Check the water for an area where trout or bass might be and attach the Royal fly to your string on the rod and target the area in the water where the trout or bass are located.
- Cast your line in the water. Keep in mind that you can cast from the land or in the water. Throw the line at least five feet away from the trout or bass so that you do not scare them away. Let your Royal artificial bait float to the bass or trout location and avoid making noise.
Tips and Warnings:
- Take a partner with you when fly fishing.
- Practice casting to become better at the sport.
- Keep your fly fishing equipment clean.
- Avoid walking into deep water to fly fish.