Learning How To Sing
Have you wondered about learning how to sing? No matter what your range is, it is important to train and practice learning how to sing daily. Vocal exercises are required to train muscles like any other endeavor.
- Relax. Allow yourself to enjoy this part of your life instead of approaching it with a career mindset. Accept that you will make mistakes when learning how to sing. Your natural talent will come through better this way.
- Posture. Correct posture is vital to learning how to sing. Arms should be at your side, feet should be in a natural standing position. Relax your back and stomach muscles as you sing.
- Warm up your voice. Use warm up or vocal training excercises daily as well as before a performance to go through the scales.
- Controlled Breathing. Push your stomach muscles out as you inhale. Slowly pull in your stomach muscles as you exhale. Make this a natural rhythm while learning how to sing. Perform breathing exercises daily.
- Develop your unique sound. As the storyteller, you must convince your audience. Use your best natural range, volume and abilities to develop your unique sound.
- Learning how to sing is about developing your own style. Instead of mimicking another person, your own style should be what is coming through in your performance. Allowing yourself to be distinct in your style will help when learning how to sing.
- Get a teacher or coach to help you learn how to sing. Hire a professional singing teacher to help you with correct breathing, warm ups and singing.
- Have fun. Practice or perform songs you think are fun to sing or dance to. Do karaoke for kicks.
Posted on: Aug. 21, 2010