Lebron James Highlights
Lebron James highlights offer a look at some of the most specatular plays in recent NBA years. James has become a superstar, thanks to his powerful dunks, intimidating blocks and trick shots. Since James is only in his eighth NBA season, there may be many more highlights to come in the future. Here are ten of the best Lebron James highlights.
- One-handed jam - Playing against the Philadelphia 76ers, Lebron gave us one of his best highlights after catching an alley-oop pass near the rim. He caught it one-handed and slam dunked it. Making the highlight even more amazing was the fact that Lebron was 18 years old at the time.
- Dunk on Joe Johnson - Shortly after going pro, Lebron played a game against the Phoenix Suns where he showcased his potential. Driving to the basket, Lebron jumped up and dunked in the face of Joe Johnson, who was caught standing under the basket.
- Ode to the Mailman - One of the best Lebron James highlights was an homage to NBA great Karl Malone, who performed the signature dunk "The Mailman" during his career. In a game against the Toronto Raptors, Lebron performed the same dunk, complete with the right hand behind the head.
- Three-pointer over Kobe - Kobe Bryant, one of the greatest players in NBA history, is not enough to intimidate Lebron. In one of his best highlights, Lebron stopped and shot a three-pointer, despite having Kobe's hand in his face.
- Buzzer beater against Rose - During the 2008/2009 NBA season, Lebron and the Cleveland Cavaliers played a regular season game against conference rival, the Chicago Bulls. As time expired, Lebron shot a three-point buzzer beater over Chicago star Derrick Rose.
- No-look pass to Hickson - Playing against the Minnesota Timberwolves, Lebron gave us one of his best assist highlights. Standing near the outside of the arc, he threw a no-look pass to J.J. Hickson who was standing under the goal. Hickson jumped up and dunked the ball.
- Crossover to a reverse dunk - Another Lebron James highlight from the 2008/2009 season, this play showcased Lebron's ability to fake out defensive players to make space to score. Facing the Memphis Grizzlies, Lebron used a slight crossover play to trick his defender, then drove to the basket to perform a reverse dunk.
- High jump block - Many Lebron James highlights feature his incredible blocking ability. He showed this in a 2009 game against the Milwaukee Bucks, when he jumped high into the air and threw Minnesota player Ramon Sessions' layup into the stands.
- Buzzer beater in the 2009 Playoffs - The Cleveland Cavaliers were pitted against the Orlando Magic during the 2009 Eastern Conference Playoffs. Trailing the Magic 1-0 in the series, Cleveland was down by two points with one second left in regulation. Lebron caught the inbound pass and shot an immediate three-pointer as time expired, winning the game for the Cavs.
- Steal to a windmill dunk - During a game against the Miami Heat, Lebron gave two highlights in one stealing the ball from the Heat and running down the court to score on a windmill dunk. He famously joined that same team in 2010.