If you're a Christian observing Lent a Crock Pot is a great tool to learn Lent Recipes. During the Christian season of Lent many change their eating habits. the Crock Pot proves very helpful for creating delicious Lent recipes.
- Bean and Vegetable Stew. A stew is a great option for an easy Crock Pot recipe during Lent as it helps you get a filling dinner on the table with little work.
To make a bean and vegetable stew, you will need:
- 1 lb assorted beans, already soaked overnight and drained.
- 2 c vegetable juice
- ½ c dry white wine
- 1/3 c soy sauce
- 1/3 c apple or pineapple juice
- ½ c each diced celery, parsnips, carrots, and mushrooms
- 1 med onion diced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 c cooked rice
Place beans, vegetable juice, wine, soy sauce, and fruit juice into the Crock Pot. Cover with water depending on how thick you want the stew to be. Cook on high for 2 hours then add the vegetables, herbs, and spices and cook for 5 to 6 more hours on low. Then add rice to the last hour of cooking.
2. Layered Dinner. A casserole is a fun and easy way to prepare a Lent recipe, especially a casserole made in a Crock Pot.
To make a layered dinner, you will need:
- 6 sliced potatoes
- 1 large sliced onion
- 1 sliced carrots
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 1 sliced zucchini
- 1 c corn
- 1 c peas
- 2 ½ c tomato sauce
- ¼ c tamari
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp basil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sage
- 2 tbsp parsley
Layer vegetables in Crock Pot in the order given in the ingredient list. Mix together tomato sauce, tamari, and herbs and spices then pour over vegetables. Cook on high for six hours.
3. Cauliflower and potato curry. Just because its Lent doesn’t mean that you do not need an easy Crock Pot recipe to help you get dinner on the table in the middle of your busy life.
To make cauliflower and potato curry, you will need:
- 4 cups quartered and peeled potatoes
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- a pinch of asafetida
- ¾ tsp ground tumeric
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- big pinch of sugar
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 ¼ c water
- ½ tsp garam masala
Throw all of the ingredients in a Crock Pot and cook for six hours on low.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.