Letting Go Quotes
Letting go quotes can sometimes help people realize that they need to release those things that are keeping them back. Whether they're pining for a past relationship, holding onto anger in a current one or holding onto patterns that are harming their chances of being happy with someone new, letting go can help people move on, grow wiser and make their lives better. Check out some of these letting go quotes and see if any of them speak to you.
- "All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on." - Havelock Ellis. Sometime you need to take some time to think about whether an off and on relationship is something healthy, or whether you need to let go and move on.
- "The harder you fight to hold on to specific assumptions, the more likely there's gold in letting go of them." - John Seely Brown. Do your relationships tend to go wrong in the same way every time? Think about this letting go quote, and whether trying to break old habits can help the next time you meet someone new.
- "Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties." - Gail Sheehy. Letting go of certain assumptions about the way your relationships are supposed to be can make it possible to have a relationship that is more satisfying for both you and your partner.
- "Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head." - Ann Landers. Your ex probably doesn't even know that you think bitter thoughts about her every day. Let go.
- "Some think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go." - Sylvia Robinson. Sometimes people stick with relationships that are unsatisfying just because it's easier than being alone.
- "People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar." - Thich Nhat Hanh.This letting go quote is another reminder that, just because you've been together for as long as you have doesn't mean that it's right to stay together if things are not working.
- "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." - Lao Tzu. If you want your relationships to grow deeper and stronger, you need to grow and change, too.
- "Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." - Author Unknown. Sometimes continuing to try to work it out isn't the right answer. Learn when letting go is the best choice.
- "Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together." - Author Unknown. It doesn't matter how much you love someone. If the relationship causes you both more pain than pleasure, it's time to think about letting go.
- "Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars." - Violeta Parra. Letting go of hang ups about old relationships is part of what makes it possible to form new ones.