Here are instructions for how to change the fuel filter on a Lexus Sc 400. The Lexus Sc 400 comes equipped with a fuel filter that is responsible for keeping any sediments and particles out of the fuel injectors. The fuel is pumped out of the gas tank and flows into the fuel filter. The filter then catches and traps the sediments and particles inside. The clean gas then travels back into the fuel line and into the fuel injectors. The fuel injectors then disburse the gas throughout the engine.
Park the Lexus Sc 400 in a safe and well ventilated area.
Walk to the rear of the Lexus Sc 400 and unscrew the gas cap to relieve the gas pressure off of the fuel filter.
- Jack up the rear of the Lexus Sc 400 and place jack stands under the designated jacking points on both sides of the car. Lower the car onto the jack stands and leave the jack in place under the car.
- Crawl under the Lexus SC 400 on the driver side near the back wheel. Locate the fuel filter that is mounted inside of the frame rail that is directly in front of the back wheel.
Slide the fluid catch pan underneath the area of the fuel filter.
- Unscrew the two fuel line nuts on both sides of the fuel filter with a open end wrench. Once that the fuel line nuts are loose, finish unscrewing the fuel line nuts with your fingers.
Remove the two bracket bolts that are holding the fuel filter in place inside of the fuel filter bracket with a open end wrench.
Pull the fuel filter out of the bracket and put it into the catch pan.
- Position the new fuel filter into the bracket with the flow arrow on the new filter pointing towards the engine. Tighten the bracket bolts back down tight with the open end wrench.
Screw the both fuel line nuts back onto the fuel filter ports. Tighten the fuel filter nuts until tight. Slide the catch pan out from under the Lexus Sc 400 and screw the gas cap back onto the gas tank.
- Turn the ignition key on and off four times to prime the new fuel filter up with fuel. Then, crank the engine on the fourth turn. Let the engine run for about one minute to remove any air from the new fuel filter and fuel lines.
- Jack the back of the Lexus Sc 400 back up and remove the jack stands. Then, lower the car back to the ground and remove the jack.
The flow arrow that is imprinted on the side of the fuel filter represents the flow of the gas from the gas tank to the engine. It is very important to turn the ignition on and off four times to prime the fuel filter with gas and to remove the air from the fuel filter and the fuel lines. Be sure to change the fuel filter between 45,000 and 60,000 miles.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”