Lil Wayne Quotes And Sayings
While his music, label and collaborators have evolved throughout the years, the Lil Wayne quotes and sayings have one thing in common, that the New Orleans rapper sure loves himself. Having been signed since the age of nine, it's clear that his talent is organic as the stuff he's smoking. The man loves himself like fat kids love cake. We would, too, if we had the star power to go platinum in a week.
- "Bootlegged or not, what you just heard, or what you will hear, is great." - Weezy quotes show the world one thing, the guy has no problem with self-esteem. When "Newsweek" asked about pushing back the release date of "The Carter III" following leaked tracks, Lil Wayne proudly boasted about the quality of his music, noting that regardless of how the music came to be, from leaks, bootlegs or official releases, it would be amazing.
- "It might be hard to outdo myself, but it ain't hard to just do myself, so that's what I do." - Continuing a trend of showing humbleness to "Newsweek," Lil Wayne explained to a somewhat clueless interviewer about how difficult his life is as a rap superstar. Though he admitted in this Lil Wayne quote that he has no problem being himself, he struggled with the fact that being better than he currently is would be difficult...because he's already the best.
- "Everybody says that you're here for a reason, and I promise you, Flex, I try to find out that reason every day. I search for it. But I think when I get out, that'll be the only time I'll really know the answer." - Speaking from Rikers Island in 2010 via phone to Funkmaster Flex, the rapper questioned why exactly he was behind bars, again. This quote shows the rapper in a softer light. Looks like his time in prison made rap's macho man reflective on his behavior.
- "Best rapper alive since the best rapper retired" - On the track, "Bring it Back," he's the self-proclaimed best. To Weezy, he ook over that title when his idol, rapper Jay-Z, declared a short retirement. Speaking to IGN.com, Lil Wayne continued on to boast about his awesomeness, stating 'if anybody does try to test me, then I swear to you I'll eat 'em for breakfast." Every emcee proclaims to be the best, it's part of being an emcee. Lil Wayne is one of the few emcees (ever) whose superlative opinions of himself are shared by critics and fans alike.
- "Anytime between 30 and 35, I may give it up" - Speaking of retirement, this Lil Wayne quote came from a 2009 interview with the BBC. In the wake of rumors that the rapper would release either two or three albums within the year. Weezy was asked about another rumor, that he planned on retiring soon, but denied the claims, stating that his retirement was still a few years away, possibly between when he's 30 to 35, or 2012 to 2017.