A List Of The 5 Best Action Movies Of 2010
It was hard to compile a list of the 5 best action movies of 2010 with so many exceptional releases. Every year the genre of Action movie gets some thrilling new additions. The public places high expectation on Action films these days; they want new and better special effect, innovative story lines, and top-notch acting. Movies such as Inglorious Bastards and Avatar set the benchmark in 2009. 2010 has been another great year for the Action category.
- "Clash of the Titans" Release Date: April 2, 2010. Starring: Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Gemma Arterton, and Ralph Fiennes. Clash of the Titans is a remake of the 1981 movie, which was based on one of the most popular Greek myths, the story of Perseus. Sam Worthington (of "Avatar" fame) takes on the role of Perseus as the hero pits himself against the Gods in order to save mankind. The special effects used to depict the cracken and impressive and all actors put in excellent performances, making Clash of the Titans the number one must see action movie of 2010.
- "The Expendables" Release Date: April 23, 2010. Starring: Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin, Mickey Rourke, DolphLundgren, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. With this amazing all-action-star cast The Expendables was bound to be an action movie fan’s dream. The film is set in South America and follows a team of professional mercenaries as they overthrow a ruthless dictator. One thing’s for sure, with a cast like this the film is full of action.
- "Iron Man 2" Release Date: May 7, 2010. Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Mickey Rourke, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and Scarlett Johansson. The follow up to the smash hit Iron Man, this movie sees the return of some well-loved actors and the addition of a few other big names. The plot centers around the pressure Robert Downey Jr.’s character Tony Stark, who is put under to turn over his Iron Man suit to the government. Mickey Rourke plays the part of the formidable villain Whiplash who pits his suit against
- "Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time" Release Date: May 10, 2010. Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton, and Ben Knightly. Jake Gyllenhaal is the newest movie star to join the ranks of action hero as he takes on the role of the prince of Persia in an action movie adaptation of the popular video game by the same name. Since the video game is action packed it makes sense that the movie is too. The prince is trying to stop a villainous ruler from creating a sand storm that could destroy everything in sight. The Dagger of Time aids the prince in his task by allowing him a limited amount of control over time. This movie delivers on special effects and action and will hopefully be the start of an ongoing series.
- "The A Team" Release Date: June 11, 2010. Starring: Liam Neeson, Rampage Jackson, and Bradley Cooper. The A Team movie is based on the classic action TV show by the same name. The TV show was renowned for its action sequences and dramatic explosions and the movie adaptation holds true to that tradition. The movie also maintains the light side of the show with plenty of laughs,