Since the Candida Diet excludes most sugars, fruits, yeast, and gluten-containing grains, coming up with a candida-fighting breakfast can seem like a chore. Luckily, it's easier than you think.
- Veggie Omelet: Eggs are a great source of candida-busting protein. Fold in vegetables like garlic, broccoli, spinach, peppers, zucchini, or tomatoes for an extra boost.
- Eggs With Ham, Steak, or Chicken: Cook your eggs to taste and add a side of lean ham, steak, or chicken, as long as it's not breaded.
- Yogurt with a Dash of Cinnamon: Grab a cup or two of plain yogurt, add a dash of cinnamon, and you're ready to hit the road. You can also blend yogurt with almond, soy, or dairy milk for a quick smoothie.
- Breakfast Rice Pudding: For a hot whole-grain breakfast at home, combine cooked brown rice and milk (or sugar-free soy milk) in a pan on low heat. Simmer until warm, then add a dash of cinnamon and serve.
- Oatmeal: Skip the flavored packets and buy plain instant or rolled oats. Cook and serve just like Breakfast Rice Pudding.
- Trail Mix: In a major hurry? Mix together your favorite nuts and seeds and keep a bag in the car for an instant portable breakfast.
- Leftovers: Dinner for breakfast? Of course! Turn last night's salmon or steak into this morning's breakfast: just heat and serve.
Posted on: Mar. 09, 2010