Lobster Bisque recipes vary greatly from one to another. Some of the lobster bisque recipes call for frozen canned lobster meat. Others require you to purchase live lobsters and dispatch them yourself. One way–the most common–is to immerse the lobster in a pot of water and boil it for about twenty minutes. Another way is to plunge a knife behind the lobsters head and immediately cut the lobster down the middle and remove the head. The first method seems worse for the lobster but allows the lobster's fluids to incorporate into the water. The second method is much quicker for the lobster but requires you to collect the body fluids as they escape as you cut the lobster apart. Which ever way you choose, with these recipes you will have made a delicious lobster bisque.
For lobster bisque recipes, you'll need:
- 1 can tomato bisque soup
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup light cream
- 2/3 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (7 oz.) can lobster
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients, adding the lobster meat last.
- Stir gently after adding each ingredient.
- Cook until the lobster bisque is hot but do not boil . Serve and enjoy.
Here is another lobster bisque recipe:
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups. chicken stock
- 3 tbsp. minced onion
- 3 cups diced cooked lobster
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup light cream
- Melt the butter in saucepan.
- Gently add the flour, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Slowly put in the milk and the chicken stock.
- Cook and continue to stir until the mixture starts to become thick.
- Add the onion, lobster and paprika and continue to cook and stir occasionally for another ten minutes.
- Pour in the light cream and heat through. Serves six, makes a great lobster bisque recipe.
Tip: Crab meat can be substituted for the lobster.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.