Locks of Love is a charity that anyone can donate to, no matter his or her monetary situation, and the Locks of Love requirements have only to do with hair length and care, not on the amount of money someone has the ability to donate. Locks of Love provides hairpieces for those who have lost hair due to the hair loss resulting from chemotherapy and radiation treatments for cancer, and as such gives self-confidence and dignity to those who are going through very tough times. The Locks of Love requirements are simple, and anyone can donate. Here are the Locks of Love requirements for those who wish to donate.
- Ten inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece. Those with hair longer than ten inches should have no problem meeting this portion of the Locks of Love requirements, as these are the lengths needed for the creation of a hairpiece made from real hair by the charity. Locks of Love can use hair of any type at this length to help those in need.
- Hair must be in a ponytail or braid before it is cut. This portion of the Locks of Love requirements ensure the hair is long enough and thick enough to be helpful in creating a hairpiece for someone in need. It also shows that the hair that is long and strong enough will match well enough to provide a good hairpiece for someone in need.
- Hair must be clean and completely dry before it is mailed in. This requirement on the list of Locks of Love requirements shows that the hair will be an acceptable match for creating a hairpiece for someone in need. It is important that hair that is donated is shown to be proper in its appearance when it is clean and dry.
- Dreadlocks will not be accepted. Though dreadlocks may be long enough to meet the other Locks of Love requirements, the strain to the hair necessary to form hair into dreadlocks makes it unusable for Locks of Love. If you wish to donate long hair to Locks of Love, avoid dreading your hair.
- Hair that has been bleached or highlighted is not usable. If you plan to donate your hair to Locks of Love, do not bleach or highlight your hair, as bleached and highlighted hair violates the Locks of Love requirements. Highlighted and or bleached hair can be brittle and unnatural looking, making it impossible to create the necessary hairpieces.
Locks of Love is one of the easier charities in the United States to contribute to. If you can grow your hair, take account of the Locks of Love requirements and you can be a great help to someone in need.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …