You should know about Lovastatin side effects and the best ways to avoid them. Lovastatin is used to treat high cholesterol. It works by lowering the fat found in your arteries. Here are the side effects and how you can alleviate or avoid them.
- Constipation. You may get constipation from taking Lovastatin. The best way to avoid this problem is by eating fiber and exercising on a daily basis. You can also keep hydrated by drinking water and other fluids. An appropriate mild laxative may be prescribed if diet and exercise fails.
- No energy. Lovastatin side effects include the lack of energy. Exercise helps give you the energy to function throughout the day. You may want to talk with your doctor if exercise does not help with this problem. However, you should never take any iron supplements before speaking with your doctor. Some medications like Lovastatin may interact with iron supplements. Your physician may check to see how much iron is in your blood and prescribe the best treatment.
- Lack of appetite. Lovastatin may decrease your appetite. Although this is a known side effect, it may affect your nutrition and health. Try to eat smaller, healthier meals each day. This may help you digest your food better and keep you from losing too many important vitamins and minerals.
- Rash and hives. Side effects like rashes and hives are often caused by allergic reactions to medications. The skin condition may itch and cause discomfort. Before you use an over-the-counter skin cream, contact your physician. The problem may be eliminated by lowering or discontinuing the medication. This is the best course of action in this case.
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing. These side effects of Lovastatin are very serious. As with skin rashes, you may be experiencing an allergic reaction to the medication. You should get immediate medical help if you have any type of swelling or breathing problems. This is especially important if the swelling is located in your mouth, throat or tongue.
You should speak with a healthcare professional in order to get the best information on Lovastatin side effects. However, not all people experience side effects of this medication.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.