These love hurts quotes are great examples of exactly what the other side of love can be and how much it can hurt. Love is ever challenging and confusing. It frequently hurts, but at the same time, it is so exhilarating and fabulous that none of the bad things matter. It works and people fight for it every day.
- “What will survive of us is love.” Philip Larkin’s quote is not so much about the instant pains of love, but of the sad, sometimes hurtful thought of what is left after we’ve gone. This love hurts quotes reminds us that we won’t always be around to enjoy the love we have and that hurts more then most.
- “Where there is love, there is pain.” A Spanish proverb, fitting when you consider that the Spanish are known for being passionate in love. This is a true love hurts quote. Where there is love there pain, and headaches.
- “The courses of true love never did run smooth.” He may the most over quoted writer in history but it is for a reason. This love hurts quote speaks to the truth about romance, it never is a straight road, there’s always some turns and sharp corners, but that’s what makes it interesting.
- “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” Edna St. Vincent Millay knew more about love then most people. Renown for her love affairs just as she was for her poetry. This love hurts quotes describes what many feel in the midst of their most painful moments.
- “A final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works.” T.E. Kalem’s love hurts quote is coldly obvious and heartbreakingly honest, and yet, at the same time, it is incredibly romantic. To think of soldiering on in the face of great sorrow and pain is a heroic feat that plays to every romantic.