Love Sayings And Quotes
Throughout the centuries there have been many love sayings and quotes from poets, famous people, and unknown authors around the world. Many of these love quotes and sayings will stay popular throughout eternity. If you’ve ever been in love, hurt by love, or hoping for love, some of these love quotes and sayings may hit home in your heart.
- “Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.” Just picturing in your imagination how love makes you feel, can paint a beautiful image.
- “Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes … just be an illusion.” Sometimes you think you are feeling the magic of love, but it may just be in your mind if the other person doesn’t feel the same way you do.
- “You don’t love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her.” When you are in love, it covers all flaws in the other person, and all you see is beauty.
- “Let your love be like the misty rains, coming softly, but flooding the river.” - Malagasy Proverb. Don’t jump into love, but go into it slowly and it will eventually fill your whole being.
- “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.” - Mark Overby. Your love can be peaceful and tranquil, but if anyone threatens that love, you will be quick to defend it no matter what it takes.
- “The hardest-learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind.” - Mignon McLaughlin. It may be hard for you to understand that the person you love may not know how to love in the same way or with the same intensity as you do.
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” - “I Miss You"by Claudia Ghandi. When you’re in love, the person you love is always in your thoughts, so much so, those thoughts could fill up a lifetime.
- “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it is better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.” A relationship is very fragile and when it breaks it may be better to leave it broken than to try and glue it back together.
- “Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.” - John Keats. When two people are truly in love, their souls and their hearts are united.
- “I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach…” - Elizabeth Barrett Browning. When you are truly in love it fills your whole being until you are so full you feel like you could burst if your love got any stronger.