Love Song Quotes
Love song quotes have been available for many years in popular music. Music critics and experts have all given their opinions as to which songs are the most poetic or romantic, but their opinions vary based on their individual musical taste. Some of the best love song quotes have appeared in varied music genres, including hip-hop, classic rock and neo-soul.
- "There's something about the way you move. I see your mouth in slow motion when you sing" - "Echo" Performed by Incubus, the song "Echo" appeared on the group's album "Morning View." The simple song is loaded with memorable love song quotes, such as this one.
- "I want you to come too when I come through and make you shine like the sun do. I want you to be the valley for my river to run through" - "Talk to You" Conscious rapper Talib Kweli dropped this line in his track "Talk to You." The song was part of Kweli's album "Quality."
- "You gotta trust me and you're gonna love me. Squeeze the phone and hug me, use your mind to rub me" - "What's On Your Mind" Rapper Rakim has always prided himself on his vocabulary and it's on full display in this song. "What's On Your Mind" was featured on the original motion picture soundtrack for the film "House Party 2."
- "Without you, there'd be no sun in my sky, there would be no love in my life, there'd be no world left for me" - "How Do I Live" Originally penned by Diane Warren, "How Do I Live" was made famous by Trisha Yearwood and Leann Rimes, who both recorded versions of the song.
- "The time to hesitate is through, no time to wallow in the mire. Try now we can only lose and our love become a funeral pyre" - "Light My Fire" It's true that The Doors were largely famous because of frontman Jim Morrison's sexual charisma, but the simple, poetic lyrics didn't hurt. "Light My Fire" has several good love song quotes, including this one.
- "Look into my eyes you will see what you mean to me. Search your heart, search your soul. You'll find me there, you'll search no more" - "Everything I Do (I Do It for You) Performed by Bryan Adams, this track was featured on the original motion picture soundtrack for the movie "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves." Some may call the song cheesy, but the lyrics offer some genuinely good love song quotes.
- "You school me, give me some things to think about, invite me. You ignite me, cowrite me. You love me, incite me to chorus" - "He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat) Neo-soul artist Jill Scott wrote this song about her-then boyfriend. "He Loves Me" appeared on Scott's debut album "Who is Jill Scott?"
- "I would dial the numbers just to listen to your breath, and I would stand inside my hell and hold the hand of death" - "Come to My Window" Melissa Etheridge wrote this love song quote as part of her song "Come to My Window." This track was one of the singles from Etheridge's album "Yes I Am."
- "I'll soon be with you my love, give you my dark surprise. I'll be with you darling soon. I'll be with you when the stars start falling" - "Sunshine of Your Love" This song was written over 40 years ago, but the lyrics are still good for a few love song quotes. "Sunshine of Your Love" was performed by Cream and written by band member Eric Clapton.
- "A house is not a home, when the two of us are far apart and one of us has a broken heart" - "A House is Not a Home" The late Luther Vandross based his entire career on songs about love. This love song quote from the track underscores why it takes two people in love to make a happy home.