The following lower back pain exercises for men will loosen and strengthen your back muscles. You will gain greater flexibility and resilience so that chronic back pain becomes less likely. It is very important that you do not strain yourself. Take it easy. If an exercise causes a lot of pain, then stop doing it. If you have severe lower back pain or disk problems, check with your doctor before performing these exercises.
- Lower back pain chair exercise. This is a very easy exercise for lower back pain. Sit in a chair with your feet on the floor. Lift your left leg and place your ankle on your right knee. Bend forward while breathing smoothly through your nose. Hold for ten seconds, then sit up straight again. Repeat the whole process with your right ankle on your left leg.
- Hamstring stretch. Lie on your back and lift your right leg so that the knee points vertically. Clasp your hands around your right thigh while keeping your elbows straight. Lift the foot and calf so that the foot points straight upward. You'll feel the stretch on the back of the thigh. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds. Repeat the whole exercise with the other leg.
- Prone hip extension. Lie facing down on the floor with your hands positioned like you're about to do push ups. Contract your butt cheeks while lifting one leg off the ground a few inches. Four to eight inches and up to two feet off the ground are all OK. Hold the position for five seconds, then lower your leg. Repeat the whole exercise with the other leg. Do this lower back pain exercise ten times per set and up to three times per day.
- Leg raises. Lie on your back. Lift one leg two feet off the ground. Hold for ten seconds, then lower the leg back to the ground. Relax and pay attention to the sensations in the body. Repeat with the other leg. Do this lower back pain exercise ten times per set and up to three times per day.
- Camel stretch. Get on your hands and knees. Your arms are straight up and down beneath your shoulders. Keep your thighs and knees directly below your hips. Raise and stretch your head upward. At the same time, raise and stretch your hips upward while pulling your abdomen toward the floor. Breathe smoothly and really feel the stretch. Relax to normal hands and knees position after five seconds. The camel stretch is a great lower back pain exercise for men that will limber you up and minimize back pain.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…