If you are a fan of female golfing, it can help learn more about some of the best known and most active LPGA players. LPGA stands for Ladies Professional Golf Assocation and is based out of Daytona Beach, Florida. The organization was established in 1950 and hosts the annual LPGA Tour, which puts together golfing tournaments on a weekly basis, ten months out of the year (February through December).
- Michelle Wie is a Hawaiian-born player in the LPGA. The young golfer has been competing professionally since 2005, when she was only sixteen years old. Michelle Wie has a couple of professional wins under her belt already. In the autumn of 2009, the golfer placed number one at the Lorena Ochoa Invitational in Guadalajara Mexico, beating out Paula Creamer.
- Suzann Pettersen is a professional female golfer and native of Oslo, the capital city of Norway. The blonde golf pro and LPGA player also participates in the Ladies European Tour. Suzann Pettersen has been competing professionally since the fall of 2000. The golfer's professional wins include the Ladies Irish Open in 2008 and the SAS Masters in 2007.
- Paula Creamer is a popular American golfer who was born in Mountain View, a city just outside of San Francisco, California. Paula Creamer is nicknamed "The Pink Panther" by the press and fans because of her penchant for pink attire. The golfer's professional successes include the Evian Masters in 2005, the Sybase Classic in 2005 and the US Women's Open in 2010.
- Juli Inkster is an avid American professional golfer who has been competing for almost three decades (since 1983). The California native is honored by the World Golf Hall of Fame, by St. Augustine, Florida. Juli Inkster's wins include the Safeco Classic in 1983, the Spalding Invitational in 1990, the Wendy's 3-Tour Challenge in 2004 and the JCPenney Classic in 1986.
- Birdie Kim is a South Korea-born golfing pro. Birdie Kim's professional career began in the autumn of 2000. She began competing in the LPGA Tour in 2004. Her victories include the U.S. Women's Open, in 2005.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...