Mac And Cheese Recipe
This mac and cheese recipe will bring back those memories of enjoying this creamy meal as a child. Sometimes you just want the classic flavor of homemade mac and cheese and this recipe will do the trick. Once you taste this, you will never want to make it out of a box ever again.
To make this mac and cheese recipe, you will need:
- 1-2/3 cup dry elbow noodles
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 (12 oz.) can of evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- Put a pot of water on the stove to boil. Add the elbow noodles and cook for around ten minutes or until the noodles are soft. If you prefer your mac and cheese to be baked, you might consider cooking your noodles al dente as they will continue to soften while in the heat of the oven.
- In another pan, add the cornstarch, salt, dry mustard, evaporated milk, water and butter. Cook until it begins to boil, then lower the heat. On low heat, slowly simmer the cornstarch, salt, dry mustard, evaporated milk, water and butter until incorporated, causing a smooth milky mixture.
- Once you have lowered the heat to a low, add the shredded Cheddar cheese an cook until the cheese begins to melt, stirring constantly. This will combine the mac and cheese mixture you're going to enjoy in this meal, so there is no need to rush the cheese and milk cream mixture cooking since it will be the main flavor. You have to make sure to continue stirring as the mixture will lump up or burn and stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the cheese mixture has been fully incorporated and the cheese melted, pour it over the noodles and combine.
- You can stick this mixture into the oven and bake on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes if you like the flavor of baked mac and cheese or you can just serve it right out of the pan once the sauce and noodles have been combined.