The legendary Los Angeles Laker point guard Magic Johnson is known for his teamwork, warm smile, and his honesty, and these Magic quotes capture the spirit of this dignified human being. Magic's seamless transition from NBA stardom to the business world's upper echelon gives him plenty of wisdom worth bestowing upon others. Allow these quotes from Ervin "Magic" Johnson to broaden your definition of achievement.
- "All kids need is a little help, a little hope and somebody who believes in them." Magic Johnson provides this perfect quote for parenting. Many adults wonder why the youth rebels - as if they were never young once - and it can be do to a lack of help, hope, and support. Kids look towards older people for direction in maneuvering through life's labyrinth of strange and new obstacles. If we don't remain open and aware of their needs then how can we be surprised when they go astray?
- "If you're a competitive person, that stays with you. You don't stop. You always look over your shoulder."Magic Johnson understands that in professional basketball, and any sport for that matter - competition is a core element. Magic's quote shows that even at the high horizons of which he helped take the Los Angeles Lakers - someone was always coming for his spot. Proper competition for Magic Johnson came from Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and Isaiah Thomas. But Magic rose to the occasion, helping the Lakers win an astounding five NBA Championships during the 1980's.
- "Research your idea. See if there's a demand. A lot of people have great ideas, but they don't know if there's a need for it. You also have to research your competition."Once again, competition plays a role in Magic Johnson maintaining success in the face of an aggressive industry. Whether basketball or business, Johnson knows that supply and demand is the key to being needed, and researching what is already available is crucial to succeeding. Magic's quote brings reality to the doorstep of the dreamer - is your brilliant creation necessary?
- "The audience likes their emotions to be touched. They want to laugh and cry and feel good."Magic knows that the best way to have a memorable effect on an audience is by pushing their emotions beyond normal complacency. Laughing, crying, and even fear add a varied sense of suspense and excitement to any experience - especially a sporting event. This Magic Johnson quote about showmanship can also serve other entertainers such as actors, writers, and pubic speakers.
- "Young people want you to be real with them."Honesty is not a human trait that can be easily faked. And this simple and direct quote from Magic Johnson illustrates the point that the youth doesn't want to be humored or talked down to. They want to be spoken to with the same earnest truthfulness normally reserved for other adults. By following Magic's words of wisdom, we can also help groom teenagers to become more responsible adults by talking to them with respect and not sugar-coating our conversations.