Mahnomin Spring Rolls Recipes
Looking for Mahnomin spring rolls recipes? Chances are you've never heard of a recipe for Mahnomin spring rolls, as this wild Indian rice is a delicacy and quite pricey. But, if you're up to try something different and totally impress your dinner guests with an unusual first course appetizer, follow the Mahnomin spring rolls recipe below. You'll be please that you did!
To make eight Mahnomin spring rolls, you will need:
- 8 spring roll wrappers (get these at your local Oriental market in the refrigerator section)
- 1 cup of shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup of Mahnomin wild rice, prepared according to the package.
- 1/2 pound of ground pork
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 grated carrot
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soy sauce
- A heavy pan
- Heat two teaspoons of vegetable oil in a heavy skillet. When the oil is heated, add in the cabbage and stir fry for four minutes, until soft. Add in the cooked rice and toss to coat. Remove from the pan into a large bowl.
- Brown the pork for three minutes. Once the pork is starting to brown, add in the minced garlic cloves, carrot and one tablespoon of soy sauce. Continue to brown the meat until the garlic is soft. Add the mixture to the bowl with the cabbage. Toss the contents of the bowl together to coat all items.
- Working quickly, lay out one eggroll wrapper. Cover the other eggroll wrappers with a moist paper towel so they don't dry out.
- Add two tablespoons of the mixture to the middle of the eggroll wrapper. Fold the eggroll wrapper envelope-style. Fold in the ends so the contents stay put.
- Add one quarter inch of vegetable oil to the pan and fry the Mahnomin spring rolls until they are brown and crispy. Serve your spring rolls hot, and enjoy!