Make Chicken And Dumplings Quick And Easy
Make chicken and dumplings quick and easy and forget about spending hours in the kitchen. An easy way to make chicken and dumplings is to cut out the hours of boiling the chicken and to replace it with ready made broth. Easy to make dumplings that are cooked over boiling chicken stew makes a quick and hearty meal within an hour making it perfect for any weekday evening.
To make chicken and dumplings quick and easy, you will need:
- 4 skinless boneless Chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of Chicken Soup
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup canned or frozen peas or carrots
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cups Milk
- Cut the chicken breasts. Dice the raw chicken breasts into one inch pieces.
- Combine chicken pieces, Chicken soup, broth, water, peas and carrots, in a pot. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Make the dumplings. Measure the Bisquick into a medium bowl and fluff with a fork to remove any lumps from packaging. Slowly mix in the milk until a moist soft dough is formed.
- Drop the dumpling dough. Use a medium sized spoon to scoop up the dumpling dough. The dumpling dough should be the size of a small egg. Use a second spoon to push the dumpling dough off the spoon and into the boiling broth.
- Cook easy the Chicken and Dumplings. Once the dumpling dough is placed on top of the boiling broth, lower the heat to medium and cook the dumplings for 10 minutes. Place a tight lid on the pot, lower the heat to a simmer, and cook the dumplings covered for 10 minutes. Serve.
Tips and Warnings:
- The type of Chicken soup for quick and easy Chicken and Dumplings can be changed to a cream of chicken or cream mushroom soup.
- If the type of soup used in the quick and easy Chicken and Dumpling recipe is changed to a cream soup, substitute 1 ½ milk for the 1 ½ cups water.