Make Homemade Paintball Bunkers
When playing paintball in the woods or a backyard, you may have the need to make homemade paintball bunkers. Paintball isn’t paintball without bunkers and obstacles to shoot around and hide behind.
To build this homemade paintball bunker, you will need:
- Wood boards or sheet metal
- Find your spots and estimate the size of the bunker. Making this homemade paintball bunker will consist of digging a large hole in the ground. Find a location that you are allowed to dig on the property where you play paintball. Ensure that this location is not near any trees that may have extensive roots that are difficult to dig through. Mark off the size of the bunker by digging four small holes at the corners of where the bunker will be. The best homemade paintball bunkers tend to be four feet by three feet.
- Start digging. Start digging in the area between the four small holes with your shovel. Make sure to dig down about two to four feet and remove any roots or hazards that may be uprooted while digging.
- Placement of the dirt. Place the dirt that has been dug up on the side of the hole facing the majority of the playing field and pack it down with the shovel to ensure it does not fall back into the homemade bunker.
- Barricade assembly. To create a nice protection for the homemade paintball bunker hole, take the scrap wood boards or sheet metal and stand them up vertically in the pile of dirt. Pack down the dirt so that it will support the boards or metal in an upright fashion. This will allow the homemade bunker to be used to shooting around and for easy protection.
- Cover. Cover the newly made homemade paintball bunker when not in use to prevent the rain or snow from destroying it. Enjoy your new paintball bunker when the weather is nice.