Want to know how to make homemade wrestling mats? Making your own wrestling mat may sound like a simple task, but it involves a lot of work and plenty of open space. While making your own wrestling mat can be done with your own style, you must use the correct supplies and materials to ensure your mat is made properly. Ready to get started and make your own wrestling mats? Read on!
For this project, you will need the following tools and supplies:
- Polyvinyl chloride foam
- Scissors or knife
- Adhesive or duct tape
- Cut squares of foam. You should begin by cutting out multiple squares of foam that will make a twelve-by-twelve foot square when put together. Cutting them in squares instead of one huge piece makes the wrestling mat easier to store.
- Cut out large sheets of vinyl. The vinyl will be used to cover the foam. You can also cut the vinyl into smaller sheets to piece together. The vinyl sheets should fit perfectly over the foam and should be neither too big or too small.
- Tape a wrestling circle and starting lines. In the center of your wrestling mat, tape a wrestling circle that measures ten feet. Inside of the circle, tape starting lines that run parallel to the edge of the mat. You may use adhesive or duct tape, but adhesive tape may be the easiest type of tape to use.
- Glue the vinyl to the foam. Once you have taped your wrestling circle with the starting lines, you may glue the vinyl to the foam. To do this, start with the bottom pieces and glue them to the bottom of the foam. The glue should be strong enough to bond the vinyl to the foam and should stay put. Once the bottom vinyl pieces are glued, you may glue the top. Make sure you carefully check the edges are completely glued to the foam, as well.
- Tape the squares together. Once the glue is dry, you can use adhesive or duct tape to attach all the wrestling squares together to form one large square. When you are finished using the wrestling mat and would like to store it, remove the tape and stack the squares on top of each other.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”