Knowing how to build a pool cue stick will give you the freedom to create a fully customized stick without the high cost. Customized pool cue sticks are desirable by many pool enthusiasts. If you become proficient at building them, you could even start your own cottage industry by taking orders from other people who want a customized stick.
Things you will need to build a pool cue stick:
- 1 to 2 1/2-inch thick by 3-inch wide by 60-inch piece of wood board
- Work table with clamps
- Wood adhesive
- Measuring tape
- Select two 7-foot long pieces of wood that is at least 1-1/2 -inch thick and 3-inches wide. Apply wood adhesive to the 3-inch surface of one piece of wood all the way down the length. Place the second piece of wood on top and align the edges. Place the layered wood on the work table and clamp it tightly in place. Allow the glue to dry completely.
- Choose one end to be the butt end of the stick. This is the end that will be thicker and heavier. Sand the layered wood. More wood will be sanded off on the tip end, which will be very narrow. Continue sanding the layered wood to make it a smooth, round shape. At this point, the wood will be about 2-inches in diameter.
- Sand the pool cue stick further to create a smooth and tapered stick. Keep the butt the same thickness. Make the tip about 1/4-inch in diameter.
- Make sure the stick has no bumps or rough patches. When the pool cue stick is built, it will finish out at about 60 inches long and weigh about 19 ounces. If it weighs more than 22 ounces, sand more wood off.
- Stain or paint the pool cue stick to coordinate with any style you desire.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.