Make A Pool Table
Instead of buying one, why not learn how to make a pool table? It's a great way to save a lot of money, yet still have the pool table that you have always wanted. Once it's constructed, you can even invite some friends over to play along with you. If you build it properly, your pool table can provide fun recreation for years to come.
To make a pool table, you will need:
- Staple gun
- Nuts and Bolts
- Power Tools
- Finish or Paint
- Determine what size dimensions you want. In order to make a pool table, you will need to decide how big you want it to be. The standard size is forty-four by eighty-eight inches. However, other common measurements include thirty-nine by seventy-eight inches and fifty by one-hundred inches. When you're picking a size, make sure to take into account the size of the room that it's going to be in.
- Cut the dimensions out of your wood. Once you have decided on which size of dimensions to use, you will need to cut them out of the wood. This is an important step to make a pool table. Therefore, make sure the wood that you use is sturdy and flat. If it's not, it can create problems later on.
- Cut out the divots. To make a pool table, cut out the holes at each corner, as well as the middle ones. When you're doing this, make sure to measure it out properly so everything is even and cut to the right size. Then, sand it.
- Create the edges of the table. When you're doing this, select a good kind of wood because you will want the pool table to look nice. To make a pool table, the standard size of edges is five and a half inches wide. Along with this, make sure to round the top of the edges.
- Cut out legs for the table. In order to make a pool table, you will need legs to hold it up. Make sure to correctly measure the legs before you cut them out. Also, sand them as much as needed. They should be smooth and fit perfectly to each corner of the table. Do this correctly because you don't want your table to wobble.
- Decorate your table. This step will depend on your personal taste. You can stain the wood and apply several coats of lacquer, or you can paint it. If you choose to paint it, you can personalize it by choosing a cool color or a design that will go on it to match with the rest of your house. This will all be based on individual style.
- Assemble your pool table. In order to do this, you will need to bolt the legs to the corners of the table. Then, you will need to attach the playing surface to the edges. Along with this, you will also need to staple the felt to the table and add nets to each of the six pockets so there will be something to catch the balls.