Manicure Equipment Essentials
Manicure equipment essentials can make or break your in-home men's manicure. The availability of manicure kits for men has created a surge of interest in the topic of men’s nails. These kits are self contained with the manicure equipment essentials for quick and easy grooming. A men’s manicure is rapidly becoming as essential to grooming as the haircut and beard trimmers. You can even make your own manicure kit if you want. The following is a list of items one will find in a typical men’s manicure kit.
The essentials of a men’s manicure kit are:
- Nail clippers and Toenail clippers.
- Small Pair of Scissors
- Emery board
- Orange wood stick
- Nail brush
- Pumice stone
- A zippered leather, cloth, or nylon case.
- The nail clippers may be self evident but they are for trimming your nails to a reasonable length. This gives the finger nails a neat and even look. Always keep two pairs, the fingernail clippers and the toe nail clippers.
- A small pair of scissors is an essential piece of manicure equipment. The scissors should be made of stainless steel and is used for trimming nails, and out of place hairs on the face or nose.
- The emery board has been in manicure sets for ages. The best bet is to pick up a set of emery boards of different coarseness. These are used to file down the edges of the fingernails and toenails for a clean, smooth edge.
- The orange wood stick is used to clean under the fingernails and toenails. This works better than stainless steel and does not cause any damage to the nail.
- The nail brush is used to scrub the fingernail and surrounding skin to clean and remove loose dirt.
- A pumice stone is used to round the edges of the nails and soften them. It is also used during a men’s manicure to remove any calluses that form on the fingers.
- The zippered case should be self explanatory. But just in case, this is where all these manicure essentials will be placed for storage.
Having the manicure equipment essentials of a men’s manicure kit with you can be very useful if you run into a situation where you need to do an emergency cleaning etc. Having manicured nails on a man is considered part of a fresh groomed appearance and signifies a man that knows how to take care of himself.