Marc Anthony Songs
If you are interested in learning about popular music in the salsa genre, it is a good idea to check out the extensive catalog of Marc Anthony songs. Marc Anthony is a New York City-born vocalist and songwriter who has had an active music career since the early 1990s. The critically acclaimed singer has been the recipient of five Grammy awards, two of which were Latin Grammys. The bilingual entertainer is wildly popular in Latin America, as well as in the United States. He is married with children to pop singer, dancer, actress, fashion designer and American Idol judge, Jennifer Lopez.
- "I Need to Know" is an English-language salsa song that was one of Marc Anthony's biggest hits to American audiences. "I Need to Know" was released in the summer of 1999 and was the lead-off single to the artist's debut English solo effort (and fourth overall studio album). The hit track strikes the proper balance between traditional upbeat pop and classic salsa music.
- "Y Hubo Alguien" is a Spanish-language Marc Anthony single that was the first song off of his "Contra La Corriente" album. "Y Hubo Alguien" came out in the autumn of 1997. The song's title translates directly to English as "And then there was someone." The Omar Alfanno-penned song was a massive success for Marc Anthony, winning him a couple of Billboard Music Awards.
- "Escapemonos" ("Let's Escape") is a 2004 Marc Anthony track off of his "Amar Sin Mentiras" album, which means "love without borders" in English. The romantic song was released in June of 2004, the same month he married his wife, Jennifer Lopez. Jennifer Lopez collaborates with her husband on the duet, offering her vocals.
- "You Sang to Me" is an English song from Marc Anthony's self-titled 1999 album. "You Sang to Me" was written by the vocalist himself (with the assistance of Cory Rooney). The earnest and emotional ballad was one of Marc Anthony's biggest stateside successes in his career.
- "De la Vuelta" was one of the few Spanish tracks off of Marc Anthony's "Marc Anthony" album. "De la Vuelta" was written by Emilio Estefan, the husband of international superstar Gloria Estefan. The song was the recipient of a Latin Grammy nod in the "Best Tropical Song" category.