March Madness Party Ideas
March madness party ideas can be simple and inexpensive. If you’re an avid basketball fan, March Madness is a reason to celebrate. The best thing is, they are also an excellent reason to get your friends together and watch the game.
To host a March Madness party you will need:
- A buffet table
- Large plastic bowls
- Medium-sized plastic bowls
- Large plastic serving plates
- Tennis shoes
- Basketball posters
- A television
- Poker table (optional)
- Playing cards (optional)
- Poker chips (optional)
- Set up a food table. Cover the food table with a tablecloth in your team's color. Get large plastic bowls to hold chips and pretzels, smaller plastic bowls to hold dip, and large plastic serving plates to hold the other food items. To keep with the spirit of the party, make sure all of the plastic bowls, dishes and cups are in your favorite team’s colors.
- Decorate the rest of the room. The décor for a March Madness party should be kept simple. Place basketballs and tennis shoes around the room. Hang basketball posters on the walls. Turn the television on to game and your party décor is complete.
- Prepare the food and drinks. Food for a March Madness party should also be kept simple. Chips, pretzels and dip should be set out for your guests to grab. Chicken wings are another excellent option for the get-together. Serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Set up coolers and fill them with ice, beer, soda and bottled water.
- Keep the party interesting. While the main focus will be the basketball games, a March Madness party can have other games as well. Set up a card table and get a poker game going or simply make bets with your buddies on the outcome of the game.