If you want to learn about early to post-Modern feminism, you're going to need to look at a few of these Margaret Sanger quotes. The founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger was one of the few women who, in her time, saw women as their own sexual beings and not just inputs for the desires of men. To this point, she was the proponent of many radical ideas, such as abortion and contraception. While many of these Margaret Sanger quotes might seem radical to this day, the impact of them cannot be denied.
- "Diplomats make it their business to conceal facts." This is one of the Margaret Sanger quotes that definitely rings true today. With bipartisan quarrles become more pronounced in today's mainstream news media and the discrepancy between what a politican says and what they do becoming even greater, people realize that many of those whose lifework is leading people need to be held accountable for their rhetoric. To this end, Margaret Sanger was ahead of her time in voicing her distrust towards those in government by unilaterally declaring that all they do is lie to their constituents.
- "When motherhood becomes the fruit of a deep yearning, not the result of ignorance or accident, its children will become the foundation of a new race." While the wording is slightly questionable, this is one of the better Margaret Sanger quotes regarding sex. She's basically saying that people should only have children because they really love each other and, moreover, because they legitimately want to have kids. Having a child by accident or because you didn't know about the options available to you will simply end in unhappy results for everyone involved.
- "No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her own body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or she will not be a mother." This is easily one of the most important Margaret Sanger quotes of all time. It is in a direct correlation to the foundation of Planned Parenthood and definitely speaks to the modern feminisit. In this quote, she is stating that freedom must be all-encompassing and a woman should have complete control over every part of her body, including whatever may be gestating inside of it.
- "Dire poverty drives this mother back again to the factory (no intelligent person will say she goes willingly)." This is another of the great Margaret Sanger quotes. Speaking out against the rapid industrialization of the mid 20th century, she's stating how abject poverty will do nothing good to the familial situation. Moreover, she's making poignant comments on the dire situation of factory working conditions.
- "Women must have her freedom, the fundamental freedom of choosing whether or not she will be a mother and how many children she will have. Regardless of what man's attitude is, that problem is hers—and before it can be his, it is hers alone." This is one of the more important and poignant Margaret Sanger quotes because it relates directly to what's going on in Washington right now. With all of the harsh regulation over a woman's right to choose, some people need to remember that is, in fact, the woman's decision whether or not she will keep a child. It is up to the lady to decide what the fate of her children may or may not entail.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.