Martial Arts Boxing Equipment Essentials
There are some martial arts boxing equipment essentials you will need if you are going to train properly. Some of the items can be expensive, so you will need to prioritize your list and find a price for each item that falls within your budget. Shop around at different stores to find the best price. You may be able to get a package deal if you purchase all of the martial arts boxing equipment essentials from the same store.
- Heavy bag. Since you may not be able to spar every day, a heavy bag is one of the martial arts boxing equipment essentials that can help you work on your striking technique. Buy a bag that can also be used for kicking. If you do not have a way to hang a heavy bag, use a stand up bag instead.
- Speed bag. This is another one of the martial arts boxing equipment essentials. Practicing on a speed bag will increase your hand speed, as well as work on your stamina if you train hard on the bag.
- Boxing gloves. You will need several different types of gloves when you practice martial arts. There are specific gloves for both the heavy bag and speed bag that you can buy. You also need the standard gloves used in actual fighting, depending on the style of martial arts you practice.
- Jump rope. A jump rope is one of the martial arts boxing equipment essentials that will help to build your stamina, and improve your overall coordination. Try out a few different ropes, to find one that is right for you.
- Protective gear. You should use headgear when you spar, as well as a mouthpiece. A protective cup is one of the martial arts boxing equipment essentials you will need. You may also want to purchase some wrist wraps and tape, to use under your gloves in order to prevent injury.