Martial Arts Weapons Training Tips
If you're wanting to learn weapons, martial arts weapons training tips can help you make the most of your training. Learning a weapon can certainly be an exciting part of martial arts in general; after all it is cool to know how to use a staff, for example. Before you become Donatello, take these martial arts weapons training tips into account.
- Don't do it on your own. Ideally you are training with weapons at a martial arts school with an instructor. Seriously reconsider if you are not. Otherwise at the very least learn from someone who knows what they're doing.
- Use light and safe weapons. Anyone who starts out with weapons should purchase beginning versions of a particular weapon. After all, hitting yourself with nunchucks is much better with plastic than steel.
- Always use slow movements to learn with weapons. Just like other aspects of martial arts training, you should first learn slowly. This will ensure that you are using proper technique. Only then will you worry about speed, power, and integrating these with technique and accuracy.
- Practice your sets. This seems like the golden rule for any martial arts training. Just as you would with strikes within your martial arts discipline, practice sets. These movements and techniques will be the building blocks of learning a weapon, reinforcing essentials that you will use to make progress with martial arts weapons training.
- Take it slow. Becoming proficient with a weapon will take a lot of time. Integrate other aspects of martial arts training to help you grow through all aspects of your training.