Mashup songs are what you get when talented DJs take two or more songs and blend them together to create an entirely different song. They're a great way to revitalize an overplayed song, bring back a blast from the past or to make an otherwise mediocre tune sound absolutely fabulous. If you're looking for some great examples of awesome mashup songs, be sure to give some of these a listen.
- "Just Can't Get Enough XXXO" by Depeche Mode vs. M.I.A.: Mixing the great pop dance beat of Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough" with the sexy dance tune "XXXO" by M.I.A. produces one of the hottest dance mashup songs to hit the charts yet. If you like retro songs from the 80's, you're sure to enjoy this one.
- "Who is Lying?" by Michael Jackson vs. Rihanna ft. Eminem: If you've ever wondered what Eminem would sound like, belting out his fast, angry raps with the smooth stylings of pop icon Michael Jackson, then here's your chance. Rihanna really puts the polish on this amazing mashup song.
- "Not Like a Queen" by Katy Perry vs. 30 Seconds to Mars: If you favor the ballads, you might agree that "Not Like a Queen" is one of the most powerful mashups to hit the charts. Whether you're in love or out of it, you can't help but appreciate this powerful tune.
- "The Modern Jungle Drum (Nerdy Jerk Mash-Up)" by Squarepusher vs. Emiliana Torrini: What a mouthful, but definitely well worth it! Whether you're a fan of world music, jungle beats or just awesome dance tracks, this is one of the best mashup songs around. Give it a listen and get ready to jump out of your seat; your feet are going to want to dance.
- "Don't Know the Rock Show" by Blink 182 vs. Eminem vs. 50 Cent: Maybe it's the real pump-up mashup songs that make it onto your favorites list. If that's the case, be sure to check this one out. It takes a great hard-core rap tune and puts it to an awesome pop-punk beat. The results are amazing!
- "California Supernova" by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg vs. Mr. Hudson ft. Kanye West: If you enjoy watching mashup songs on video, be sure to check this one out. It's definitely worth it for the costumes and dancing alone, but it's sure to hit the mashup hot spot for you too. You can't help but like this one.
- "Every Car You Chase" by The Police vs. Snow Patrol: While it might sound like a ballad to someone's Golden Retriever, "Every Car You Chase" is one of the best ballad mashup songs of all time. Taking two intensely touching songs, this mashup tune weaves them into something absolutely hypnotic.
- "Fleurs Soutenues Du Mal" by Sarah Brightman vs. Laurie Anderson vs. Alan Parsons Project: If epic mashup songs are more your style, be sure to check this one out. The intense music of Alan Parsons Project is mated with Laurie Anderson's rhymic "Let X=X." Add the angelic voice of artist Sarah Brightman and you have a truly unforgettable tune.
- "Voodoo Power" by The Prodigy vs. Snap!: Another of the great pump-up mashup songs has to be the powerful mix "Voodoo Power." Hot raps, an intense beat mix and some great lyrics make this a popular club favorite.
- "Dare Da Funk" by Daft Punk vs. Gorillaz: DJ Opera Dog mixes two great grooving bands of the decade into one of the most amazing mashup songs to hit the charts. This one is upbeat, carries a punch and will keep you coming back for more.