Memorial Day Activities In Illinois
There are plenty of Memorial Day activities in Illinois, including parades, ceremonies, picnics, and fireworks in observance of Memorial Day. Memorial Day is a day observed to remember all military personnel who have lost their lives in service to our country. If you are going to be in the state of Illinois there is many activities scattered throughout the state that you can participate in to observe Memorial Day.
- Watch the Memorial Day parade in Chicago. If you are in the Chicago area on Memorial Day, make sure to check out this parade. It is one of the largest in the United States. Admission is free and you can see everything from marching bands to Veterans of all kinds.
- Go to a Memorial Day Service at River Forest, Illinois. Come see the parade at this small town that is followed by a Memorial Day service. Here you can honor the local veterans along with scout troops, color guards, and many others. This service is followed by a community picnic.
- Participate in a day full of events at Elgin, Illinois. They have a whole day filled with one event after another in honor of Memorial Day. There is everything from the singing of the "National Anthem" to several memorial ceremonies. Come see the true meaning of Memorial Day in Elgin, Illinois.
- The day wouldn't be complete without some Memorial Day fireworks at Navy Pier. Here is another windy city event, fireworks at Navy Pier. Although this in observance of Memorial Day, the fireworks show is actually on Saturday evening. Come enjoy the entertainment and fireworks show. This is one of the Memorial Day activities in Illinois that you don't want to miss.
- Go to a Cubs game. If the cubbies are in town, a day at Wrigley Field is always a good way to spend any holiday!