Memorial Day Picnic Food
While commemorating United States soldiers who died in service, create a Memorial Day picnic food menu filled with dishes that all of your guests will enjoy. Picnics are a great way to celebrate holidays, such as Memorial Day, and to spend time with your family and friends, and food is always a great way to gather people together. So, plan your picnic with this selection of Memorial Day picnic food.
- Keep your menu healthy. Make sure the Memorial Day picnic food you pick is healthy for your guests by choosing dishes that contain plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. These dishes are also perfect for the warmer weather during the Memorial Day weekend.
- Keep special diets in mind. Make sure to have dishes that people with special dietary needs can eat. Some of your guests might be vegan, vegetarian or have certain food allergies, so make sure there is Memorial Day picnic food they can enjoy, too.
- Serve traditional fare. Common Memorial Day picnic food includes menu items like potato salad, coleslaw and macaroni salad. So, make sure to include some classic Memorial Day picnic foods for your more traditional guests, even if you want to spice them up a bit.
- Include some of your own favorite dishes. Show your guests your signature Memorial Day picnic food dish. Whether this dish is traditional or not, your guests will surely be delighted to try your signature creation.
- Consider asking your guests to bring their own Memorial Day picnic food to the party. This will allow others to show off their dishes, while making the planning easier on yourself.
Don't forget the beverages. Make sure there's a variety of beverages for your guests including water, juices and teas.
Make sure you have plenty of utensils, plates, cups and napkins, preferably ones that are reusable to limit waste.
Don't forget snacks. Put out snacks before your Memorial Day picnic lunch or dinner begins, so your guests have something to munch on in the meantime.