Mens Gymnastics Events
There are six different mens gymnastics events. To compete in any of them, the men need to have flexibility, strength and power. These characteristics will also come in handy when it comes to perfecting dismounts and sticking landings. Therefore, gymnasts will need to work hard on their skills if they want to compete in these different events.
- Floor Exercise. The floor is a mens gymnastics event in which tumbling passes are performed. It is meant to show off acrobatic skills, balancing acts and strength. The routines on the floor are dynamic and exciting to watch. In competition, gymnasts must learn a variety of tumbling passes and transitions if they want to score well.
- Still Rings. This mens gymnastics event requires a lot of strength, particularly upper body strength. In it, gymnasts must properly position their body and keep the rings still so they can hold elements without shaking. It's hard to do, but with the proper skills developed, it can be done.
- Pommel Horse. Many consider this to be the most difficult of the mens gymnastics events. During it, gymnasts make continuous movements on the apparatus. In fact, they are not supposed to stop at any time during their routine. Besides all of that, the hardest part is that the gymnasts hands are the only part of the body that is supposed to touch the pommel horse.
- High Bar. This event involves a lot of swinging and releases from a high bar. During it, gymnasts perform a series of difficult swings, releases and then a dismount. It is a high-flying event that is thrilling to watch.
- Parallel Bars. Those that compete in this mens gymnastics event will need to have perfect timing and balance. Along with that, they will also need to have good hand-eye coordination. The event involves swinging from the bars, as well as performing different flight elements.
- Vault. The vault is an event where gymnasts use it to launch themselves into a complex move. In order to be successful at it, gymnasts need to have speed and power. Not only that, but they also need to have spatial awareness. It's one of those mens gymnastics events that require intense focus from the gymnast.