If you've been prescribed methylprednisolone, you should be aware of methylprednisolone side effects. Methylprednisolone may relieve a variety of medical conditions, but unfortunately it can also cause some complications on its own. This steroid is available only with a prescription, and it's a good idea to discuss the possible side effects of methylprednisolone with your physician before you start taking it. If you do experience side effects and they are bothersome or do not go away, consult your doctor. Here are some of the risks associated with methylprednisolone use.
- Sleeplessness. One possible side effect of methylprednisolone is insomnia, or the inability to fall asleep. Like other methylprednisolone reactions, it may disappear as drug use continues.
- Stomach upset. You may experience nausea, stomach discomfort or vomiting while taking this medication.
- Period irregularity. Women taking methylprednisolone run the risk of changes in the menstrual cycle, including skipping periods.
- Mood changes. It is possible to have mood swings, or become irritable or depressed.
- Headache. Some methylprednisolone users develop headaches as a side effect.
- Extra hair growth. You might find that your hair will grow at a faster rate.
- Bruising. Some methylprednisolone users will develop bruises more easily as a side effect.
- Vision problems. If this drug affects your vision, notify a medical professional immediately.
- Black bodily expulsions. Tar-colored stool or dark vomit that resembles coffee grounds are indicators of potentially dangerous side effects of methylprednisolone, and treatment should be sought.
- Allergies. If you are allergic to aspirin or tartrazine, you may be allergic to methylprednisolone. Signs of allergic reaction include skin rash, dizziness, breathing problems and swelling. See a doctor immediately if these side effects occur.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.