These Mexican chicken recipes include tacos, fajitas and caldo de pollo. You will soon see why people everywhere just adore Mexican food. The hot flavors of these Mexican recipes can be toned down to individual tastes.
1. Real Mexican Chicken Tacos
Real Mexican chicken tacos are made very simply with rolled up tortillas, not the traditional boxed and preformed taco shells. These tacos are made with plain shredded chicken and all the garnishes added, including homemade salsa.
- 1 hen, cooked
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sour cream (yogurt can be substituted)
- 1 large handful coriander
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Guacamole (optional)
- Take the cooked hen and remove the bones. Shred the meat into tiny strips and set aside.
- Make the salsa by placing the chopped tomatoes in a small mixing bowl. Add in the chopped onion, jalapeno, green pepper and the tomato sauce. Mix well to allow the flavors to be evenly mixed.
- Add in the lemon juice, salt, pepper and the coriander. Take the tortillas and start layering the garnishes.
- Add some chicken in the middle, top with the salsa, green onions, lettuce and then the sour cream. Add some more salt, pepper and top with the chopped coriander on top.
- Roll up the tacos and serve with the guacamole on the side. Mexican chicken tacos can be folded and not rolled if desired.
2. Mexican Chicken Fajitas
Mexican chicken fajitas are a treat many desire when visiting any Mexican restaurant. The thrill of having a sizzling skillet of sizzling chicken, peppers and onions brought direct to your table is wonderful. The fajita is made like traditional tacos with sour cream and guacamole. Serve with a big glass of ice cold ice tea.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon each: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 bell peppers cut in long strips, red and green
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: sour cream, salsa, guacamole and cheese (Monterey Jack and cheddar)
- Marinate the chicken breasts in 1/4 cup of the oil, lime juice, garlic and the spices for 8 hours or more. Slice the chicken into long strips.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet and heat. Add in the chicken strips, bell peppers and onions.
- Fry the chicken strips and veggies until done. Serve with the toppings and tortillas.
3. Mexican Chicken Soup (Caldo de Pollo)
Mexican chicken soup or caldo de pollo as it is most commonly referred to is a simple chunky soup. It is not a traditional vegetable soup as you may be use to. This very simple to make soup is full of flavor and can be made with beef or pork.
- 2 chicken breast, 2 legs and 2 thighs
- 2 whole potatoes, cut in half
- 2 whole pieces corn cut in half
- 6 carrots chopped in 6 inch pieces
- 2 large zucchinis, cut in large chunks
- 2 whole onions, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 small hand coriander, chopped
- Place the chicken in a large stock pot and cover with water. Bring the chicken to boil and remove all excess scum.
- Add in the veggies, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Bring the caldo to boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook the Mexican chicken soup for approximately one hour or until the chicken and veggies are done. Allow the soup to cool for ten minutes before serving.
- Serve this caldo in soup bowls, topped with some lemon juice and coriander. Mexican chicken soup can be adapted to use the veggies available in your home.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.