These Miami attractions are not the ones you saw in the '80s "Miami Vice" television show. Although Miami is known for being a fast-paced city in Florida, there are some good family attractions and attractions for adults.
- Miami Seaquarium If you ever wanted to swim with dolphins, here's your chance. This Miami attraction isn't Seaworld, but it comes close. The aquarium sits on 38 acres of tropical land. It features Shamu-wannabes flying through the air, playful sea lions and other types of marine life. You have the chance to see eight shows when you visit, including a dolphin encounter and interactive dolphin play. Miami Seaquarium: 4400 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL 33149
- Miami Children's Museum Take the kids to this fun museum. If you hear your kids asking in the car: “Are we there yet?" over and over again, this is a good distraction to clear your head. The museum has a play area, exhibits and plenty of things to do. This is a family attraction, so have some fun. Miami Children's Museum: 980 Macarthur Causeway, Miami, FL 33132
- Jungle Island This location is said to be one of the best tourist attractions in Miami. Although it's great for families with kids, the attraction also offers things for adults. Saturdays are Caribbean Day at La Playa, Jungle Island's private beach. Music, dancing and other events happen on this day. Tropical beverages and snacks are also provided. Jungle Island also houses numerous rides, water slides and animal exhibits. Jungle Island: 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami, FL 33132
- Biscayne National Park On Saturdays park rangers take visitors out on the Maritime Heritage Trail. You can snorkel or dive to shipwrecks, reefs and corals at Biscayne National Park. Visitors can also see wildlife, take glass bottom boat trips and join canoe adventures. Not all of Miami's attractions are just for kids. This is only one of two national parks in the Miami-Dade metro area. Biscayne National Park: 9700 S.W. 328 St. Homestead, FL 33033
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens This Miami attraction is a good place to relax and see culture. Enjoy the tropical plants, museum exhibits and tours. Several programs and special events also take place at this attraction. Vizcaya Museum and Gardens: 3251 S. Miami Ave. Miami, FL 33129
If you’re looking for after-dark attractions in Miami, check out the beaches and nightlife. The attractions listed on this travel guide are for travelers seeking the most popular things to do in Miami for families, groups and couples.