Miami, Florida Attractions
There are so many of them that even if you live there, you might not be aware of all of the Miami, Florida attractions. It is a beautiful city rich in museums and history. If you are into science, you will have a blast in Miami. If you are into landmarks and scenic gardens, this is the right place.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. This attraction is a historical landmark that is an estate on ten acres of native forest and formal gardens. It was built in 1916 by a well-to-do businessman. When you visit this mansion, you will be in good company: Overnight visitors include U.S. presidents, popes, queens and kings. You have probably never seen a mansion and a property of this magnitude, so don't miss this attraction when you visit Miami. 3251 South Miami Avenue, Miami
- Jungle Island. Take the whole family to see amazing shows with cockatoos, parrots and other "Winged Wonders." Then mosey over to see the "Tale of the Tiger" that features a cast of rare big cats, humans and primates. Don't forget to stop by and see the Sausage Tree, a tree that bears a fruit that is used for making beer. Now that is a manly-man's tree. You've got to love Miami, and you don't want to miss this attraction. 34 Northeast 11th Street, Miami
- Miami Science Museum and Planetarium. This museum features scientific exhibits that you must see. Imagine a stingray sea lab in which you can touch live stingrays. Take a look at Earth from space from a satellite. Battle a virus at the Immersion Theater, a simulation in which you go into the body of an astronaut to heal him. These and many others will take you most of the day to see, so set aside plenty of time. 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami
- Everglades Hummer Adventures. While you are in the science and nature mode, visit the everglades. Take a 4-hour tour in a Hummer and see the kind of wildlife you probably don't see in your neighborhood: alligators, panthers and pythons, oh my. The plant life is also worth the trip. If an air-conditioned ride in a Hummer is not exciting enough for you, make it an airboat safari through the everglades. 16400 SW Eighth St., Miami
- Club Space. This is the place to go for nightlife. It is one of the most highly touted techno clubs in the United States. Enjoy new hosts every night who present different themes to keep things interesting. This is the perfect way to end your day of visiting Miami, Florida attractions. If you are too tired to dance, just listen, watch and have a drink. 34 Northeast 11th Street, Miami