Micardis side effects are a possibility for those that are taking the prescription high blood pressure medication. Apart from hypertension, Micardis also can be used for the treatment of health conditions including strokes and heart attacks. The generic name for the drug is "Telmisartan." Micardis is classified as an angiotension II receptor blocker, and functions by blocking the actions of the angiotension II chemical, which then results in the relaxing of the blood vessels.
- As the body gets used to the hypertension medication, several side effects could occur, which generally subside quickly. These side effects include backache, blurry vision, feeling lightheaded, dizziness, sinusitis, flu, the common cold and sore throat. It is not usually necessary to notify a doctor of these side effects. However, if the side effects are particularly bothersome or lingering, medical attention is necessary.
- Uncommon and possibly harmful side effects also can happen with Micardis. These side effects are infrequent urination, fainting spells, having a hard time swallowing or breathing, irregular, slow or rapid heartbeat, joint or tendon pain, dark urine, shortness of breath, excessive sweating, the legs or the arms becoming swollen, muscle cramps, chills, painful urination, persistent throwing up and feelings of weakness.
- Other serious Micardis side effects are allergic reactions to the medication. Look out for chest tightness, wheezing, itching, skin rash, abnormal hoarseness and unusual neck or head swelling, all of which could indicate an allergic reaction to Micardis.
- In some instances, users of the medication may also experience very uncommon effects, which require medical attention. These uncommon possibilities include migraine headaches, sleeplessness, problems with vision, the breathing disorder asthma and muscle breakdown (which is known medically as rhabomyolysis).
- Should an individual overdose on Micardis, it is important to be aware of the primary signs of overdose. These dangerous signs include pounding or fast heartbeat and passing out.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.