Midlife Crisis Symptoms
If you’re reaching a crossroads in life and unsure what exactly is troubling you, read about these midlife crisis symptoms. The following symptoms typically reveal themselves in people who are in their late thirties through fifties. If you are experiencing many of these symptoms, you might want to seek assistance with handling a midlife crisis.
- Depression. A midlife crisis can leave you gloomy each day, unable to focus on the positive or even leave your bed at times. If you’re exhibiting this midlife crisis symptom, you might dwell negatively on all that is behind you and feel that you have lost your precious time as a youth.
- Boredom. Do your usual activities like going for coffee each morning or playing golf suddenly seem dull? Have events you looked forward to appear lackluster now? Do you find yourself wanting to go an adventure or completely change up your lifestyle? You might be showing a very common midlife crisis symptom in which you desire much more from your life.
- Identity Confusion. Another midlife crisis symptom is questioning your very identity. You might still imagine yourself as a twenty-year-old free spirit. Maybe you saw yourself growing into someone else when you were younger. Are you confused now that you’ve become a family man in a minivan? This identity crisis is symptomatic of a larger midlife crisis.
- Dissatisfaction. You might feel dissatisfied with where you are right now in life. Maybe you wanted a bigger house. You might not have achieved your career ambitions or found yourself sacrificing leisure activities for overtime work. A feeling of dissatisfaction and disillusionment can be a main symptom of a midlife crisis.
- Changing Libido. You might find yourself suddenly more sexually driven. Or a midlife crisis could even lead you to become more withdrawn in the bedroom. You might also become more concerned with your appearance in front of the opposite sex and desire a fling of some sort. If you find yourself wanting to dye your hair and obsessively work out all of a sudden, you might be displaying a midlife crisis symptom.