Mile High Music Festival 2009 Lineup: 10 Best Acts
The Mile High Music Festival was held at Dick's Sporting Goods Park from July 18 to 19 and finding out the 10 best acts from the Mile High Music Festival 2009 lineup allows anyone to know the best of who was on stage those days. The festival provided diverse sound for two days, showcasing some of the most exciting up and coming bands. There were some musicians that everyone just could not get enough of and are still talking about today even as the 2010 Mile High Music Festival gets close to exploding on stage. These were the top ten acts everyone loved and wanted more of.
- Tool Tool was the headliner that started the music festival going on Saturday night. They played their more non-traditional and outrageous songs for their true fans. They brought energy, wild sounds and an expectation for the rest of the Mile High Music Festival.
- Widespread Panic Widespread Panic played that same opening night after Tool. It was said if you wanted to see them play, you had to be here to listen to the sound only they can produce. Widespread Panic is a Georgian band that has a Southern acoustic sound that so many listeners crave. Widespread Panic played both nights and brought the house down in both sets during the Mile High Music Festival.
- The Fray The Fray played on Sunday, July 19 and everyone loved the set. Their soft but moving sound had music lovers tuned in to listen to the message playing through their songs and their sound.
- Incubus Incubus has an alternative, slower tempo that has been around for years. With their sounds being formed back in their high school days twenty years ago, Incubus is a band that has been around the block and are still rocking as was seen at the Mile High Music Festival.
- Ben Harper The music festival wanted to provide a mixture of the old and the new and Ben was a part of providing a bit of the old. Not that it means his age, but his sound and his music to allow parents or older music lovers to have a chance to experience his pure, soul-rocking sound. He did not disappoint at the festival.
- India Arie India rocked the house and had fans screaming for more of her voice filled with energy and feeling. She was one of the few musicians that calls Colorado home and made sure to give her hometown a sound not soon to be forgotten no matter how many times she plays a set.
- The Wailers The legendary Wailers, who also call Colorado home, made an appearance that everyone loved. Their music produced a feeling of warm love and sheer joy through the crowd as everyone bopped their heads and listened to the beats.
G Love & Special Sauce G Love & Special Sauce had a sound of pure summer, sweet hip-hop that had the crowd, old and young alike, bopping and swaying to the sweet sounds they produced. They had a great mix of sounds that had everyone finding something they enjoyed about their performance.
Buddy Guy Buddy Guy produced a fun blues atmosphere for his set. The crowd was able to mellow out and just tune into his sound. His playing and his guitar solos were second to none. This set was one everyone enjoyed during the Mile High Music Festival.
- Boulders 30H!3 30H!3 has a sound that mixes acid, rock and mellow sounds together to put out an original beat. They know how to work the audience, which makes them such a fun set to watch at any venue. This time they did no less than entertain.