Miley Cyrus Quotes
These Miley Cyrus quotes give the point of view of this popular singer, actress, and entertainer. As the daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, some may be quick to write Miley Cyrus off as some girl following behind her father's success. But these five quotes offer a very personalized perspective from Miley Cyrus, a young lady with her own ideas on life.
- “It’s lame when I’m hanging out with my friends and they’re so busy taking pictures to put on Facebook, instead of enjoying what they’re doing. You’re gonna look back and have 10 million pictures, but you’re not in one of them because you were too busy clicking away. I think it’s best to stop telling people about it and enjoy the moment you’re in yourself.” This quote shows a very advanced state of mind for any young person to have. Considering that Miley Cyrus understands the importance of enjoying a moment as opposed to capturing it with a camera phone, Cyrus sounds beyond her years. Miley is posing the question of: are we enjoying life, or just reporting every single moment of it to each other?
- "I like being the girl nobody can have." This Miley Cyrus quote may initially appear to be self-centered, but it actually shows she has self-respect. Many celebrities of her stature enjoy doing the complete opposite - being the one that everyone has had. But Miley Cyrus' lack of indulgence in promiscuous behavior shows maturity, and presents a positive, healthy image for her young, impressionable fans.
- "I don’t want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect." Getting any celebrity to say something this humble is like asking a pet store if they sell lions. Miley Cyrus not only acknowledges that she is "human" just like the rest of us, but she gives her mother the credit for the wisdom behind her quote. If all role models in the entertainment industry held themselves up to this level of honesty, their supporters would be just as productive, due to the positive influence.
- "There’s always gonna be another mountain, I’m always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I’m gonna have to lose." Maintaining her easily relatable, modest approach to living life continues to benefit Miley Cyrus with this quote. Obstacles take on unique shapes and forms in each of our lives, and we won't always have the winning formula to overcome them. But understanding that there is no such thing as a "highest level" in life, keeps us moving forward toward the next challenge.
- "With yourself, I think you have to decide the kind of person that you really want to be, and for me, it’s just a sweet girl." ThisMiley Cyrus quote about personal integrity is powerful for one reason - she makes it apply to her as well. By knowing exactly who she is and who she wants to be, it makes it easier for us all to be just as honest with ourselves. Who said we all had to be alike?