Miley Cyrus Songs
Miley Cyrus songs are a mixture of teen "bubble gum" pop, edgy rock and poignant ballads. The singer and former "Hannah Montanna" star received intense criticism for her transition into a more adult music style. While some of her most popular songs have been influenced by the Disney formula of tween pop, Miley's recent song releases have shown the ability to tackle controversial subjects with a degree of emotional intelligence.
- "The Climb." This is probably one of the most poignant and inspiring Miley Cyrus songs. Its lyrics explore the idea of overcoming obstacles and reaching for your dreams without being focused on what might be waiting for you once you get there.
- "Party in the USA." This tune is one of Miley's songs that is light and catchy. Although its lyrics are not terribly substantive, they are relatable to anyone who has ever attempted to accomplish something outside of their comfort zone.
- "Can't be Tamed." This song contains the thematic idea of a woman who doesn't want to be caged in by the traditional relationship roles for men and women. The song and video received much controversy for Cyrus's break away from her previously G rated image.
- "Time of Our Lives." In this song, Miley explores the idea of living life in a carefree fashion.
- "Kicking and Screaming." This is an edgy tune infused with a mixture of rock and pop musical instrumentation. Its lyrics reflect a rebellious response to a potential love interest who can't seem to make up his mind.
- "When I Look at You." This is a Miley Cyrus song that is set against softer instrumentation and displays emotionally stirring vocals.
- "Before the Storm." This poignant song talks about maintaining perseverance in a relationship.
- "Talk is Cheap." This Miley Cyrus song is a youth oriented tune about following through and taking action.
- "7 Things." This is a feisty song that explores the downsides of being in a relationship.
- "Who Owns My Heart." One of the latest Miley Cyrus songs, this marks her development into a mature adult performer. The lyrics explore how an attraction is comprised of both authentic feelings and pure lust and the confusion that surrounds the initial stages of a relationship.