Missouri State Parks
No visit to the serene and breathtaking locales of Missouri is complete without a sightseeing program that includes backpacking, trail biking and trekking in the scenic Missouri State Parks. Given below is a list that is inclusive of the 5 best Missouri State Parks, which provide a relief from the hustle and bustle of city life and give you a sense of peace and tranquility. All the best Missouri State Parks are known for their prolific wildlife and endearing serenity. As a result they are comfortable havens for nature aficionados all over the world.Try them out, and we are sure you won’t be disappointed.
- Taum Sauk Mountain State Park. This beautiful State Park consists of the highest point in Missouri, which is a great attraction. Considered to be the Mecca of adventure freaks, this State Park in Missouri provides you a variety of trailing, rafting, hunting and trekking activities.
- Elephant Rocks State Park. There are a bunch of trained elephants that entertain you with their antics and hence, this State Park of Missouri is one of the most preferred destinations for kids. With over thirty picnic spots and parks, you can come over for a day and revitalize yourself.
- Johnson’s Shut In State Park. Sprawled over 180 acres of mountainous terrain, the State Park consists of seep forests, which are an extremely rare sight in Missouri. You get to see several exotic species of animals and plants around you, but unfortunately camping is not allowed in this state Park.
- Katy Trail State Park. This State park is one of the longest trail parks in the world with a rail network extending to several miles of diverse landscaping and fauna. For adventure lovers and bicycle tours around the state, experts prefer this Trail Park to others simply because of the wonderful locales that is on offer.
- Bennett Spring State Park. Unlike the other State Parks, the Bennett Spring is a manmade creation for those inhabitants who needed water springs. As a result of their efforts, we now have an exquisite State Park that boasts of the finest fishing abodes in the world.