Chilled drinks are essential in hot summer months and this mixed drink recipe for a Malibu Spritzer is a perfect juice-liquor blend that will keep you cool all day long. This recipe is a combination of the Malibu Bay Breeze and a traditional white wine spritzer.
Ingredients for a Malibu Spritzer:
- 1 1/2 oz. Malibu Rum
- 1 1/2 oz. of dry white wine (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc or dry Riesling)
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 lime (to squeeze over drink)
- Additional lime sliced into rounds
- Orange wedges (optional)
- Large chunks of fresh pineapple (optional)
- Fill a large martini shaker with ice. Make sure you do this step first to maintain the correct ice to beverage ratio.
- Pour Malibu Rum and your choice of dry white wine into the shaker. Traditional Malibu Rum is a coconut rum. To add a unique spin on this tasty spritzer, try to make it with some of Malibu's other delicious flavors which include pineapple, passion fruit and melon.
- Add cranberry juice and pineapple juice. You can also substitute pineapple with orange juice if that suits your tastes better or if you want to experiment with different flavors.
- Add a squeeze of lime. Take a lime and cut it in half. You'll only need half a lime.
- Cover the martini shaker with its lid. Shake vigorously until well blended.
- Pour the Malibu Spritzer into a highball glass. Place the lime round directly into the drink.
- Garnish by placing a wedge of orange or a chunk of fresh pineapple onto the side of the glass. If you are using a different flavor of rum, such as melon or passion fruit, garnish with strawberries or a slice of melon.
Enjoy Malibu Spritzer. This is definitely a drink to share with your friends.
While the Malibu Spritzer is a tasty and wonderful way to cool off on a hot day, beware. These easy to drink delights can sneak up on you. Malibu Rum tastes like juice and you can barely taste its alcohol content.