Chilled drinks are essential in hot summer months and this mixed drink recipe for a Malibu Spritzer is a perfect juice-liquor blend that will keep you cool all day long. This recipe is a combination of the Malibu Bay Breeze and a traditional white wine spritzer.
Ingredients for a Malibu Spritzer:
- 1 1/2 oz. Malibu Rum
- 1 1/2 oz. of dry white wine (Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc or dry Riesling)
- 2 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 lime (to squeeze over drink)
- Additional lime sliced into rounds
- Orange wedges (optional)
- Large chunks of fresh pineapple (optional)
- Fill a large martini shaker with ice. Make sure you do this step first to maintain the correct ice to beverage ratio.
- Pour Malibu Rum and your choice of dry white wine into the shaker. Traditional Malibu Rum is a coconut rum. To add a unique spin on this tasty spritzer, try to make it with some of Malibu's other delicious flavors which include pineapple, passion fruit and melon.
- Add cranberry juice and pineapple juice. You can also substitute pineapple with orange juice if that suits your tastes better or if you want to experiment with different flavors.
- Add a squeeze of lime. Take a lime and cut it in half. You'll only need half a lime.
- Cover the martini shaker with its lid. Shake vigorously until well blended.
- Pour the Malibu Spritzer into a highball glass. Place the lime round directly into the drink.
- Garnish by placing a wedge of orange or a chunk of fresh pineapple onto the side of the glass. If you are using a different flavor of rum, such as melon or passion fruit, garnish with strawberries or a slice of melon.
Enjoy Malibu Spritzer. This is definitely a drink to share with your friends.
While the Malibu Spritzer is a tasty and wonderful way to cool off on a hot day, beware. These easy to drink delights can sneak up on you. Malibu Rum tastes like juice and you can barely taste its alcohol content.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.