Mods For Fallout 3
These mods for Fallout 3 are enhancements not affiliated by the parent companies that programmed and designed the original source game. These mods manipulate the game with different visual or gameplay effects to add a different experience than the quests offered in the Fallout 3 package. Downloadable content or "DLC" should not be confused with mods which are approved enhancements or expansions for Fallout 3. The mods can be downloaded from various site that provide them for owners of the main Fallout 3 disc. Here are examples of some mods for Fallout 3:
- Mod Manager. There are numerous mods out there for Fallout 3 and it is hard for many gamers to keep track of which ones are active and inactive without going into the game's file structure. A mod manager program helps sort through each one and the order in which each file was installed to your game.
- Wander's Edition. This is for hardcore fans who want to go at the Wasteland by managing actual survival necessities like food, water and sleep to keep their avatar alive. Also, the weapons aren't the only thing upgraded as the enemies get stronger and ammo is a scarce commodity as well.
- Mart's Mutant Mod. What's a post nuclear wasteland without more mutants to mow down in creatively destructive ways? This mod brings dozens of species of monsters that come in all shapes and sizes like a twenty-foot long Rad Scorpion!
- Fallout 3 Reanimated. Almedor uses his professional animation expertise to enhance the visuals with this mod. Gamers can download this and appreciate the various models movements with joy.
- Project Beauty. This mod follows the previous example by adding more detail to the NPCs faces with rich detail. Characters' faces appear more like people instead of plastic-looking wax figures.