If you struggle out of bed every morning feeling groggily and cursing the sun, try putting a few of these morning quotes around your house to remind you to stay positive. Sleep is a lovely escape and rest is essential, but achieving goals and living life to its fullest involves getting up every morning and walking into the day with a smile and an open heart.
- "Lose an hour in the morning, and you will be all day hunting for it." Richard Whately reminds us here that while staying in bed is tempting, sleeping late will set your whole day off.
- "For what human ill does not dawn seem to be an alleviation?" Long nights give way to bright mornings. This Thornton Wilder quote could help you change your opinion of the dawn.
- "If people were meant to pop out of bed, we'd all sleep in toasters." Take this to heart! Just because you have to get up early doesn’t mean you have to be miserable. Set your alarm early so you can have that wonderful morning time, lying in bed and waking up slowly. No one knows quite who first made this observation, but it is often attributed to cartoonist Jim Davis.
- "I have a "carpe diem" mug and, truthfully, at six in the morning the words do not make me want to seize the day. They make me want to slap a dead poet." If you’re a diehard morning-hater, this quote from Joanne Sherman will remind you that you aren’t alone.
- "Never work before breakfast; if you have to work before breakfast, eat your breakfast first." A lot of people aren’t ready for a big meal first thing after waking up, but do make sure you eat something substantial before starting your day. Your body will feel better when it has enough fuel to run on, as this Josh Billings quote tells us.
- "I miss Saturday morning, rolling out of bed, not shaving, getting into my car with my girls, driving to the supermarket, squeezing the fruit, getting my car washed, taking walks." Here’s a quote from President Obama, reminding us to be thankful for the lots we have been given. Heading to the office might sound dull, but isn’t it better than trying to sort out the Middle East?
- "When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius said this nearly two thousand years ago. Today, it still holds true. Embrace the beauty of the morning!
- "A leaf fluttered in through the window this morning, as if supported by the rays of the sun, a bird settled on the fire escape, joy in the task of coffee, joy accompanied me as I walked." Author Anais Nin reminds us here, in her poetic way, that joy is something we can choose to include in our lives.
- "Burning desire to be or do something gives us staying power—a reason to get up every morning or to pick ourselves up and start in again after a disappointment." If you are regularly dragging yourself out of bed each morning feeling lethargic, take some time to consider this Marsha Sinetar quote. Each day, do you choose to do the things that make you most excited to be alive?
- "You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction." The best way to have a good morning is to remember that it is the beginning of a day that you have control over. George Lorimer reminds us that how we wake up and what we do with our time determines how satisfied we will be when we go to bed that night.