Mortal Kombat 2 Fatalities
The “Mortal Kombat 2” fatalities are the reason the game was elevated above the competition in the fighting genre. While this was a big reason we have video game ratings systems, many players find the gore amusing rather than inspiring. Not only do you punish your friend in a match, you tear off his arms in a psychotic victory display. Here are the fatalities.
- Raiden. Raiden makes a return to “Mortal Kombat 2”. Both fatalities require you to stand close. Press Low Kick for five seconds until Raiden grabs his opponent. Now push Block and Low Kick to zap him until he explodes. Or, you can press High Punch for ten seconds and Raiden will throw an uppercut ripping the head off.
- Scorpion. Scorpion is a Mortal Kombat legend with some new fatalities. Stand just out of leg sweep range an press up twice. Now hit High Punch and hold Block to get him to remove his mask and breath fire. If you are close to your opponent you can hold High Punch, press down and then forward three times. Scorpion will bisect his opponent.
- Baraka. Baraka is one of the more intriguing new characters in “Mortal Kombat 2”. With knives sticking out out of his arms, you know his fatalities will be gruesome. Hold Block, go back four times and hit High Punch to decapitate. Or press back, forward, down, forward and then press Low Punch to see Baraka spike his victim.
- Mileena. Another new character for “Mortal Kombat 2”. While her body is alluring, she has a weird snake mouth. To spray blood liberally, go forward, back, forward and hit Low Punch. Or to get grosser, hold High Kick for two seconds and release which causes Mileena to swallow her opponent whole and spit out the bones.
- Jax. “Mortal Kombat 2” always has a brute and this time it is Jax. His fatalities reflect this. Press Low Punch and move forward three times to get him to skull smash. Or, Press Block four times and then low punch to tear off some arms.
- Kitana. The twin of Mileena does not swallow. But her fatalities are just as amusing. To kiss and explode your enemy, hold Low Kick and go forward twice, down and forward again. Or, press Block three times and then High Kick for a fan decapitation.
- Shang Tsung. The loser of the first Mortal Kombat tournament returns with cool fatalities. To possess a body and blow it up hold High Kick for two seconds. Or to suck their soul hold Block, go up, down, up and press Low Kick.
- Sub-Zero. Another familiar mask returns to “Mortal Kombat 2”. To freeze your enemy, go forward twice, down and press High Kick. To ice grenade them, you must stand on the edge of the screen and hold Low punch while pressing two back, down and forward.
- Reptile. Another masked freak in “Mortal Kombat 2”. To tongue skewer and then eat your opponent, go back twice, down and press Low Punch. Or if you are invisible you can go forward twice, down and hit High Kick to slice up some torso.
- Johnny Cage. Johnny Cage returns to “Mortal Kombat 2” with new fatalities. To tear off a torso, go down twice, forward twice and hit Low Punch. To punch a head off, go forward twice, down and up to unleash the uppercut.
- Kung Lao. This new guy in “Mortal Kombat 2” has a killer hat which plays a role in both fatalities. To slice someone in half, go forward three times and hit Low Kick. Or to use the hat to cut off a head, hold Low Punch and go back and then forward. You have to guide the hat towards the offending head.
- Liu Kang. The hero of the series. Liu Kang's fatalities once again include some crazy kung fu kicks but also incorporate a mythical beast. To turn into a dragon, go down, forward, back twice and hit High Kick. Or turn your controller 360 degrees away from your opponent. This one takes practice but if you do it right he does a funky kick and uppercut decapitation move.