Most Entertaining Olympic Sporting Events
The Olympics features many exciting events, but those below are the most entertaining Olympic sporting events. These events are full of drama and almost inhumanly good talent, and they are also fun to watch for just about everyone. While all Olympic sporting events are filled with the best-of-the-best athletes and are brimming with national pride, these are some of the most popular and exciting events. You don't need to be a regular follower of these sports to enjoy watching these Olympic sporting events.
- Artistic gymnastics. While trampoline events and rhythmic gymnastics are also entertaining to watch, artistic gymnastics is the most popular event. With artistic gymnastics, you can watch lithe, amazingly fit athletes perform nearly impossible feats with their bodies. Events like the men's rings and women's vault show what the human body is capable of. There are many different Olympic gymnastics sporting events, and this diversity makes for easy watching.
- Figure skating. Like artistic gymnastics, figure skating is an artistic display of the amazing capabilities of the human body. Figure skaters contort their bodies and perform amazing tricks, all while sliding gracefully across ice. Considering how some people struggle simply to skate on ice, it is unbelievable how graceful and powerful the female and male figure skaters are. And their performances, unlike some Olympic sporting events, are easy to watch because they are varied, musical, choreographed and so out of the ordinary.
- Diving. While swimming is also an amazing Olympic sporting event to watch, diving really demonstrates the grace of the human body. Where swimming shows pure athleticism, diving shows pure grace. Watching professional divers free fall toward the water while performing acrobatic and mind-bending tricks is quite captivating. Their talents are especially amazing for those who barely feel comfortable diving off of a board two feet above the water.
- Speed skating. Combining speed and grace, speed skating is a quick-paced, close-quarters sport. Because skaters move so closely together over ice, which is both slippery and unpredictable at times, they have their share of slips and heartbreak. But just watching the winner cross the finish line can be both inspiring and exhilirating. The winner knows that he has won immediately, unlike some other Olympic sporting events where the winner has to wait for other athletes to perform before celebrating.
- Hundred-meter races. Like speed skating, the hundred-meter races show how fast the human body can go. Unlike marathons that are endurance races (which, while incredible, are less entertaining to watch), hundred-meter races push humans to their limits in terms of pure speed. Oftentimes people break speed records and join the ranks of the fastest people on the planet at the hundred-meter Olympic sporting events. Racing is a sport that is probably as old as the dawn of humanity, and because of this it is one of the most entertaining Olympic sporting events.